Sunday, April 8, 2012

Work From Fall Semester 2011

This is a large laser print 6 feet by 12 feet that I colored with prismacolor marker. I'm surprised at how different this reads in different spaces. It actually seems bigger when it's in a larger space.

I have been behind on updating this so I am going to post a ton of pictures to make up for it! I will try to explain as much as possible to give a context for the work, but I will mostly just put up the images. There are many things that I've done that I'm not posting, but this should give a good idea of what I was working on last semester!
Here are a couple studio shots to give you a sense of scale. This was the setup for my fall critique.
Documentation of a project I did with a truck that is on our property back home in Michigan. The cardboard is what I used to block out the door for the spray paint.

A few shots of the Lite Brite that I put this collage on and then filled in the shapes of the cars with the pegs. I think I would like about 30 of these filling a corner or wall in a room, with maybe one car on each one. I really enjoy the absurdity of this.
A couple of collages the first is about 10 x 12 inches or so using cars I cut out of a car magazine which were newsprint and I colored them with Prismacolor marker. The second is much larger collage, I can't remember the paper size, I think it is about 50 inches on the longest side. These are laser prints colored like the other collage. I don't think I like this second one that much.

Archival inkjet print that I altered with scraffito and prismacolor marker. Not too big maybe 10 x 17. This is from a photo I took during deer hunting season.

The first two are laser prints that I colored on the back side, the paper on the bottom is the bleed through from the marker. The third image is a paper cut collage that was scanned and inkjet printed. The last image is the same with spray paint on top that I scratched through. about 10 x 17 on this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment