Sunday, March 21, 2010

Midterm Progress Report

So these are some clay prints that I have been working on. I have to figure out how these will be displayed. I have some ideas of what I can do, but they will be finished before the end of the semester. I won't get too much into the technical process, but these are all translucent 04 clay prints just like the tests I showed earlier. I did some screen printing, some linocuts, some stenciling, solvent transfers, and drawing with stains and underglazes. The first image is what one of them looks like without the light behind it. It was discussed in my committee meeting that they might be too transparent, especially with the light behind it, and I agree. I will try adding extra layers in subsequent pieces, and also try layering after they have been fired. The final image is what one of the pieces looks like under a piece of fiberglass. I really think this could be a good solution and add strength to these fragile tiles. It also tones down some of the aggressive color. It could be another way to add more imagery and color as well. Of course, then there is also the possibility of just creating these images in the fiberglass itself, and I could essentially have the potential to create gigantic panels. I could also sandwich many of the tiles to create a larger piece. Stuff to think about anyway. Well, more to come soon.





1 comment:

  1. The second pic above reminds me of the Donnie Darko rabbit.

    ReplyDelete