Sunday, March 28, 2010

Overhead Projector and Fiberglassin'

I was trying to see if I could get my translucent tiles and lithophanes to project on an overhead projector, and I found out that they aren't transparent enough to give a good image. There is some projection but not enough to warrant trying to make use of this. I did put this transparency on there to see what it would look like, and I have to say I really like the way this looks. It is kind of just a collection of different things I was doing independently ie burning a photo screen for printing, printing a hand cut stencil, and trying to transfer inkjet ink. But I think the collection and arrangement of these images makes a nice composition, and the quality of the blacks and grays are very nice. Today I also did some more fiberglass. I sandwiched one of those tiles that I showed earlier between some layers of fiberglass cloth. I also put a transparency with some printed colors and shapes behind the tile to see what that looks like. That is the third image down, and I think the image looks a little bit greener than the actual piece. I put the image of just the tile so you can compare. I think I could have probably added another layer of fiberglass to tone down the black. The skyline I chose for the background is Detroit. I just took it from a print I am working on in Photoshop right now, and I think it is fitting given the references I am making in this piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment